jdisapunk asked: once you get this you must share five random facts about yourself. then pass this on to your ten favourite followers (◡‿◡✿)
- I took the test on Pottermore and I’m apparently a Hufflepuff and I was a bit disappointed so I went into a huff(lepuff) and got a bit annoyed because I totes wanted to be in Gryffindor. HOWEVER apparently Hufflepuff is the most inclusive of all the Hogwarts houses so that is pretty cool.
- I find it really hard to come up with random facts about myself that I think anyone would be interested in hearing. It’s really difficult. Does that count as a random fact? I’m gonna say it counts. Only three more to go, ahhhhh…
- I have a couple of decks of tarot cards. My sister introduced me to tarot and I really love it. I know it’s not real but I love to pretend. Especially when it gives me a really dramatically excellent reading about how great my future is going to be. It’s not to be done when you’re in a really bad mood though, because most of the time you get readings that tell you you’re doing everything wrong and you’re going to end up working in McDonalds or something.
- I’m not exactly a superstitious person but I sometimes have the tendency to start doing some weird ritualistic behaviour which I end up convincing myself I have to do otherwise something horrifying will happen and I end up doing these things for years and years and years because I’m scared of what’ll happen if I don’t and it’s really quite bad actually…It’s like when you let your imagination run away with itself and you convince yourself there’s something in your bedroom when all the lights are off and you have to make sure all your limbs are under the covers in case they get bitten off, except it lasts for the rest of your life and you really wish you hadn’t ever started it because you don’t know how to stop…
- I really, really like tangerines. A lot. *eats tangerine*
All I have achieved by answering these questions is reveal to you all that I am a bit of a weirdo. I think I am okay with this.
Telling your son not to “be such a girl” lets his sister who overhears the conversation know that being a girl is not a good thing and she should be sorry and ashamed of herself.
It also reminds your son that being a boy is better than being a girl and therefore he is better than any girl he will ever meet.
This is my son, Chester, who is nearly 4. He was invited to his friend Chloe’s birthday party today, the theme was prince and princesses. He asked if he could go as Sleeping Beauty, so I bought him a dress and put a cute little clip in his hair.
We arrived at the party to the following comments from the adults present:
“Oh that is just cruel.”
"Why did you make him wear a dress?"
"Poor little man, what’s your mummy playing at?"
"He’s going to hate you when he grows up."
"No way I’d let my son dress like a girl."
The fact is, Chester is almost completely gender neutral. I let him wear what he wants, be it boys or girls clothes, and he plays with whatever toys he likes. This usually involves him holding tea parties while wearing his pink Minnie Mouse top, jeans and a tiara. The guests are more often than not a mixture of Winnie The Pooh characters, dinosaurs, Barbie, Dora and solders, and they’re usually transported in his favorite fire engine.
When my husband arrived at the party later on, he was subjected to endless ridicule from the other dad’s present about how I must keep his balls in my back pocket because otherwise he would have put his foot down and not allowed Chester out like that. Oh, and by the way, our other son dressed as Ariel. When my husband pointed out that the boys were happy, and the mother of the birthday child made a point of saying how wonderful she thought it was that we allowed them freedom of choice and expression, they then stopped talking about it to our faces and started muttering about us behind our backs.
Interestingly enough, not a single child said a word about their choice of costumes, other than to compliment Chester on his new dress.
A+ parenting right here.
SHAME on those other adults for being damn bigots.
So I put this as one of the backgrounds
Yesterday, I found that someone changed my background to something soccer related, so just to mess around with them, I put this
Today, I looked at all the computers around me, plus my computer and
You are playing a dangerous game.